Get Your Vaccines Here!!
All of our pharmacists are certified to administer vaccines. North Carolina law says immunizing pharmacists may administer any vaccine that the CDC recommends. We offer both pneumonia vaccines (Prevnar 13 and Pneumovax 23) and shingles vaccine (Shingrix) daily and flu shots seasonally. These vaccines may be given without a prescription. We administer flu vaccines to anyone age 14 and older. We also administer hepatitis B, meningococcal, tetanus, tetanus-diptheria, and TDAP vaccines to patients at least 18 years of age with a prescription upon request.
We used to recommend Zostavax for prevention of shingles. This vaccine could be administered to anyone over the age of 60. However, it isn’t a very effective vaccine and it’s effectiveness got worse as the age of the patient increased. A new shingles vaccine was approved by the FDA in 2017. It is called Shingrix. It is recommended for patients age 50 and over. Patients already inoculated with Zostavax would benefit from revaccination with Shingrix. It is a two-shot vaccine that is 97% effective in people 50 to 69 years old and 91% effective in patients 70 and older. Like Zostavax, the efficacy of Shingrix is better the younger we are. The two doses of Shingrix must be separated by 2 to 6 months.
Rocky Point Pavilion Pharmacy offers the following vaccines:
- Zostavax (shingles vaccine)
- Pneumovax (pneumonia vaccine)
- Prevnar 13 (pneumonia vaccine)
- Influenza (flu vaccine)
- Td (tetanus and diptheria vaccine)
- Engerix-B or Recombivax HB (hepatitis B vaccine)
- Vaqta (Hepatits A vaccine)
- TMenactra (meningococcal vaccine)
Please stop by or call to ask about your vaccine needs.
Other vaccines may be available upon request. For more detailed information on the above vaccines please visit: www.cdc.gov/vaccines.
Helpful Vaccination Links:
- Adult vaccination schedule (CDC):
- How to check if your vaccination is covered by Medicare:
- Immunizations and Pregnancy (CDC):
- Information about vaccinations if you have COPD or Asthma:
- Information about vaccinations if you have Heart Disease:
- Information about vaccinations if you have Diabetes:
“The service you deserve from the neighbors you trust.”